OUR APPROACH TO PRIVACY
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
The Hello Solar Sites generally collect personally identifying information (such as, for example, your name, email address, contact address, phone number,etc.) with your specific knowledge and consent. This includes but is not limited to when you place orders with us, subscribe to our newsletter mailing list, create an account with us, enter a raffle sweepstakes or giveaway and complete a survey, etc.. You can choose not to provide us with certain personal data, but we may not be able to process your orders, transactions or applications, or you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
When you post, contribute or share any content to a public area of the Hello Solar Sites such as our comments sections, the content you submit will be made available to the general public. To protect your privacy, we would recommend that you exercise caution when submitting, sharing or posting on such public area any personal data or sensitive information such as but not limited to your full name, address, phone number, or any other information that would allow other users or third parties to locate you or obtain information about you. You are entirely responsible for your use of our websites, for all of the contents that you submit or post on our websites, for any and all activities that occur under your account, and for ensuring, protecting and safeguarding the confidentiality and the security of your account. We shall not be held liable for any claims, loss or damage resulting from a breach of the foregoing, or your use of and contributions on our websites, or any unauthorized use of your account.
We may collect, use, store and provide your personal data for any of the following purposes, including:
- To enhance or improve user experience, the Hello Solar Sites and/or our products and/or services, or to facilitate our performance of our services or any services offered on the Hello Solar Sites.
- To register, verify, process and maintain your account on the Hello Solar Sites.
- To process your orders and/or transactions on the Hello Solar Sites and/or for our products and/or services.
- To conduct and process any contests, raffle sweepstakes, giveaways and/or surveys that we may from time to time organize in relation to the Hello Solar Sites, our business, products and/or services, and to announce the winners of the relevant contests and/or sweepstakes (as the case may be) on the Hello Solar Sites or any other medium/channels as may be required under the applicable laws.
- To send e-mails and/or other marketing communications about our websites and/or other news, product, or promotional sale alerts, related products and/or services, or updates for Hello Solar Sites, provided that we have obtained your explicit consent to do so.
- To provide third party service provider(s) engaged by us to provide services for or in relation to the Hello Solar Sites, to process data on our behalf, to provide information technology support to us and/or conduct maintenance of our servers, data banks and databases, including but not limited to IT contractor(s), website analytic service provider(s), data processor(s) and service provider(s) for database management systems.
- To provide third party content provider(s) engaged by us, including interactive and social media providers, to provide services for or in relation to the Hello Solar Sites, to allow the provider to host the content on our sites
- To provide our third-party advertising and promotional agencies and consultants and those organisations or online platforms selected by us to carry out marketing campaigns on our behalf and to measure the delivery and effectiveness of such advertisements (for example, client campaign tracking)
- To purchaser(s)/assignee(s) as part of any re-organization, merger, transfer or sale of our business.
- To comply with or as permitted by any applicable laws or regulations, court order or lawful request from any government authority.
- Google Analytics (Anonymous version)
- Google Tag Manager
- Google DoubleClick for Publishers
- Google AdSense
- Google Adwords
- Google Sign-in (iOS/Android)
- Facebook (SDK for iOS/Android, App Events/Analytics, AudienceNetwork)
- Twitter (Analytics)
When registering for a Hello Solar Sites account, you will be given the option to opt-in to receiving our promotional and direct marketing materials and/or updates through the Hello Solar Sites newsletter. If you would prefer to opt-out from these e-mails, you can do so at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the e-mail.
We may disclose your personal data to a third party to comply with or as permitted by any applicable laws or regulations, court order or lawful request from any government authority. In the event that we receive a subpoena affecting your privacy, unless there are any prohibitions/ restrictions under the applicable laws, we may elect to notify you to give you an opportunity to file a motion to quash the subpoena, or we may attempt to quash it ourselves, but we are not obligated to do either.
We use SSL certificates to help secure the Hello Solar Sites. However, we make no representations as to the security or confidentiality of your personal data. You understand and agree that no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It is in our interest to keep our websites secure, but we recommend that you use anti-virus software, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security threats.